Vegetable Crops AdvisorWoodland Administrative Office
70 Cottonwood Street
Woodland, CA 95695
Ph.D. Soils and Biogeochemistry, University of California, Davis. 2021
M.Sc. Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 2011
B.Sc. International Agricultural Developement, spec. Crop Production, University of California, Davis. 2006
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Li, X.; Lazicki, P. (2023). Can surface-applied biochar improve soil health and plant performance in a perennial cool-season grass forage system? Soil Science Society of America Journal. 87:3, 656-658.
- Lazicki, Patricia; Lee, Jaehoon (2023). Drought, heat, and management interact to affect soil carbon and nitrogen losses in a temperate, humid climate. Applied Soil Ecology. 189. September.
- Slimani, Imane; Zhu-Barker, Xia (2023). Iron – a driver of nitrogen bioavailability in soils? Biogeosciences. 3873-3894.
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2023). Nitrogen accumulation and partitioning in field-grown heirloom tomato cultivar ‘Brandywine’. Agronomy Journal.
- Lazicki, P.; Mazza Rodrigues, J.L. (2022). Acid stress and compost addition decouple carbon and nitrogen cycling in an agricultural soil: an incubation study. Applied Soil Ecology. 169.
- Lloyd, M.; Geisseler, D. (2022). Estimating nitrogen availability in organic crop production, for N budgeting and other purposes. University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication 8712. https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/Details.aspx?itemNo=8712
- Neupane, A.; Lazicki, P. (2022). Stable carbon isotopes to decipher global change effects on soil organic carbon - present status, limitations, and future prospects. Biogeochemistry.
- Milkereit, J.; Geisseler, D. (2021). Effect of organic amendment combinations on bacterial communities, nematode populations, nitrogen mineralization and plant growth. Applied Soil Ecology. 157.
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2021). Relating soil health to crop performance in two irrigated Mediterranean cropping systems. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 85, 1843-1857.
- Lazicki, P.; Mazza Rodrigues, J.L. (2021). Sensitivity and variability of soil health indicators in a California cropping system. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 85, 1827-1842.
- Li, M.; Schmidt, J.E. (2020). Impact of irrigation strategies on tomato root distribution and rhizosphere processes in an organic system. Frontiers in Plant Science. 11.
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2019). Nitrogen mineralization from organic amendments is variable but predictable. Journal of Environmental Quality.
- Lazicki, P.; Liebman, M.A. (2016). Root parameters show how management alters resource distribution and soil quality in conventional and low-input cropping systems in central Iowa. PLoS ONE. 11:10.
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2016). Soil nitrate testing supports nitrogen management in irrigated annual crops. California Agriculture. 71:2, 90-95.
- Lazicki, P. (2022). Vermicompost: Potential to improve plant health and stress resistance in California vineyards. Progressive Crop Consultant. 38-42. Sept-Oct. https://issuu.com/myaglife/docs/pcc_september_october_2022_final_draft?fr=sZTMzZDQ4MDczNzM
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2019). Nitrogen dynamics in organic heirloom tomatoes. https://ucanr.edu/sites/SFA/files/338250.pdf
- Ainuddin, I.; Lazicki, P. (2017). Nitrate Leaching: An Interactive Tool. http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/Nitrate_Tool.html
- Ainuddin, I.; Lazicki, P. (2017). Nitrogen Calculator for Central Valley Crops. http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/N_Calculator.html
- Geisseler, D.; Lazicki, P. (2017). Plant tissue sampling in field crops and vegetables. http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/Plant_Tissue_Sampling.pdf
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2016). California Fertilization Guidelines (various crops). http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/Home.html
- Lazicki, P.; Geisseler, D. (2016). Plant tissue sampling in orchards and vineyards. http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/Orchard_Tissue_Sampling.pdf
- Geisseler, D.; Lazicki, P. (2015). Field-specific nitrogen fertilization adjustments. http://geisseler.ucdavis.edu/Guidelines/Adjustments.html
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- UAS (Drones) Workgroup - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Warm Season Vegetables - Member
- Weed - Member