Plant Propagation Workshop-March 10
If you love to garden, and I know you do if you are reading this blog, then you might be interested in this...the Master Gardener Plant Propagation Workshop. We will hold this hands-on workshop on March 10th from 10:00 a.m. until noon. The location of the workshop is the Solano Community College Horticulture building (1000). The street address is 4000 Suisun Valley Road in Fairfield. It is a FREE workshop!
At the workshop, participants will be shown techniques on how to propagate plants. We will cover these areas:
- why we propagate plants at home
- seeds (sexual propagation)
- division (things like iris, ornamental grasses, orchids)
- stem and leaf cuttings (African violets, butterfly bush)
- air layering and layering (strawberries, airplane plants)
The best part of the workshop will be that you can take home the plants you propagate! The Master Gardeners hope you can join us at this fun, hands-on event.
Please be sure to RSVP with me, Jennifer Baumbach, at 707-784-1321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dipping a stem cutting into rooting hormone. (photo by Jennifer Baumbach)